28 abril, 2008

Mer Girl

I ran from my house that cannot contain me / From the man that I cannot keep / From my mother who haunts me, even though she's gone / I ran from the noise and the silence / From the traffic on the streets / I ran to the treetops, I ran to the sky / Out to the lake, into the rain that matted my hair / And soaked my shoes and skin / Hid my tears, hid my fears / I ran to the forest, I ran to the trees / I ran and I ran, I was looking for me / I ran past the churches and the crooked old mailbox / Past the apple orchards and the lady that never talks / Up into the hills, I ran to the cemetery / And held my breath, and thought about your death / I ran to the lake, up into the hills / I ran and I ran, I'm looking there still / And I saw the crumbling tombstones / All forgotten names / I tasted the rain, I tasted my tearsI cursed the angels, I tasted my fears / And the ground gave way beneath my feetAnd the earth took me in her arms / Leaves covered my face / Ants marched across my back / Black sky opened up, blinding me / I ran to the forest, I ran to the trees / I ran and I ran, I was looking for me / I ran to the lakes and up to the hill / I ran and I ran, I'm looking there still / And I smelled her burning flesh / Her rotting bones / Her decay / I ran and I ran / I'm still running away.

No hay comentarios: